Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wednesday: Salad dressing & music

Tempted by salads? (complete with frog!)
SYDNEY (AFP) - An Australian woman came close to tasting more French cuisine than she cared for after finding a dead frog in a pre-mixed supermarket salad.

Julie Lumber found the unwanted ingredient in her Caesar salad "with the works" when preparing for a barbecue at home with friends, the Australian Associated Press reported.
"I opened up the bag and the frog fell out on the side of the plate," Lumber said.

"I just went 'oh my god' and then we had a laugh about it. I couldn't stomach French food with the frogs legs and snails and I wasn't about to try it," Lumber said.

Luckily for the reluctant gourmand, the five-centimetre (two-inch) frog was found before the barbecue got underway, still clinging to a green lettuce leaf with its left leg outstretched.
"There were a few of us in the kitchen -- luckily other people were with me to see it because you wouldn't want people to think you put it in there," she said.

Lumber took a photo of her unusual salad before returning the package, frog and all, to the supermarket in the east coast city of Brisbane, where she "got a full refund".

"I'll make my own salads from now on because at least I can wash the lettuce myself. I love French dressing, I always put it on my salads -- just not that type," she said.

Events today in South Somerset & West Dorset
Abba Rival @ Chicago Rock Café, Yeovil
Julie Dunn (12-2pm lunch meal booking needed) @ Manor Hotel, Yeovil
Julie Dunn Trio @ Harry's Bar, Yeovil

Events today in Taunton & Bridgwater
Acoustic Night @ West India House, Taunton
Madness tribute @ Shout!, Taunton

Have fun!

The Editor

No comments: