Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tuesday Live Happenings

Not much on for tonight.....

Events in South Somerset & West Dorset
Jam Night @ Antelope, Crewkerne

Events in Taunton & Bridgwater areas
Roll Out The Barrell @ Brewhouse Theatre, Taunton

Other News
Cats use fax as toilet and spark house fire

According to a story on Yahoo pissing pussies can be bad news: TOKYO (Reuters) - Two kittens picked the wrong place to relieve themselves when they urinated on a fax machine, sparking a fire that extensively damaged their Japanese owner's house.

Investigators in the western city of Kobe have concluded that the fire in January was caused by a spark generated when the urine soaked the machine's electrical printing mechanism.
The fire damaged the kitchen and living room before it was put out by the house's owner, who was treated for mild smoke inhalation, said Masahito Oyabu, a fireman at the Nagata fire station in central Kobe.

The kittens quickly ran to safety, he added.

"If you have a cat, or a dog for that matter, be careful where they urinate," Oyabu said. "Especially keep them away from electrical appliances and wires."

You have been warned!

The Editor

No comments: